Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Unique Christmas Gift

For a Christmas gift to my parents this year, I created a unique sort of gift. As I have been studying the life of Elizabeth Barnes and the time period in which she lived, I realized that my paternal great-great-great Grandfather, Henry E. Day, had several similarities with Elizabeth. In recognizing this, I decided to create a timeline of both lives and the events/places we know about in these two ancestors. I had it printed on clear sheets, one for Elizabeth and one for Henry. As you lay them on top of each other, you can see where their life events could have overlapped. Then I took the historical data that I have found in the last 6 months and created a looseleaf of the data according to the places where they lived. I even found pictures of women who lived in San Bernardino when Elizabeth lived there. It was such fun. I think my parents liked it also. Not sure what to focus on next...it's hard to stop thinking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment